Contact Us
Aaron Alt

Zoning Permits and Other Applications

 Zoning permit applications and other associated applications are located on this page.

If submitting a zoning permit application, please complete both the application and the associated supplement specific to your project! Supplements are located under the Zoning Permit Applications tab below.

We have recently updated our PDFs! Please download the fillable form and save it with your changes. You may also print these documents and fill them out by hand.

Permit Application Fees
Development Type Fee
Single Family Residential $100
Two-Family Residential $150
Multi-Family Residential
              Each Additional Unit
Residential Addition $50
Accessory Building
Sign $35
Change of Use (Not Including Structures) $200
Commercial Alteration (Up to $25,000) $75
Minor Commercial Site Plan Review (Total Developed Area 5,000 Sq. Ft. or Less) $250
Major Commercial Site Plan Review (Total Developed Area More Than 5,000 Sq. Ft.) $500

Permit fees are due before the permit can be issued. We can only accept cash or check payments at this time.

If your project requires a building permit you must submit the zoning permit with the building permit application to Wood County Building Department. If you are unsure whether you need a building permit, please contact Wood County directly.  At this time, all residential permits are handled through the Village of Archbold and do not require Wood County Building Department approval.

For questions regarding applications, please contact Aaron Alt, Planning Director, at 419-446-2109 or email to aalt@archbold.com. 

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by in Descending Order within category

Zoning Permit Applications16 documents

  • Archbold Zoning Permit Application.pdf
  • Accessory Building Supplement.pdf
  • Change of Use Supplement.pdf
  • Deck and Porch Supplement.pdf
  • Fence Supplement.pdf
  • Residential Construction Supplement.pdf
  • Sign Permit Supplement.pdf
  • Swimming Pool Supplement.pdf

Other Applications and Checklists11 documents

  • Planning Commission Application.pdf
    Note: The Planning Commission meets once a month
  • Site Plan Checklist & Application.pdf
  • Subdivision Checklist.pdf
  • Street Terrace Opening Permit.pdf
    Right-of-Way Permit
  • Oversize & Overweight Permit.pdf
  • Home Occupation Permit Application

Water and Sewer Applications2 documents

  • Application for Water & Sewer Service Archbold & Ridgeville
    New Service or Repair Service for Archbold and Ridgeville Lines
  • Application for Water Service Fulton County
    Pettisville & Elmira/Burlington Application For New Service or Repair